[Rhodes22-list] trailer brakes & axles

Daniel Bodnar dsbodnar@earthlink.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:3:59 -0400

Brad, Rik,
I've been out of town (Lake Superior Pro Rally out of Houghton Mi.)
Yes I have Dexter rubber torsion axles.  I believe they were sized at 3000
lbs each, and work very well. The TorFlex axles can be sized as low as 2300
lbs each and go up from there. Two things about the axle installation: 1)
with the torsion suspension, you have some control over ride height based
on the angle of the arms on the torsion bar. 2)All they did was weld a
C-Channel to the bottom of the trailer rails to establish a mounting
platform for the Dexter Supplied mounting brackets.  I'd also recommend the
thru hub E-Z Lube system...which I ordered but didn't get through an
order-delivery-redelivery snafu.
	http://www.dexteraxle.com/

I also had them move the "CG" back a little, so I didn't have to fight the
boat to a full forward position to get good travel motion.

Dan Bodnar
SV: QOL