[Rhodes22-list] I have a stupid question(maybe even rude)

Ronald Lipton lipton@sprynet.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:35:24 -0500

Michael,

   Well ... in my humble opinion Chicago is a great town.  I would move here
from NYC
in a minute if I was not already here.  Great music, food, interesting
ethnic neighborhoods.
Lake Michigan has great sailing opportunities.  The shoreline is a bit
boring on the southern end
(unless you like steel mills).  But you can sneak out of your downtown
office or
can take the "el" downtown and be sailing off the lakeshore in a half hour.
If this
gets more serious I can suggest where to look for housing.  The city schools
are a major
drawback if you have young kids.  West and North suburbs are the best
alternatives.

As for the sports - any team can have a bad century.
As for the winter - we are putting our faith in global warming.

Ron Lipton
Empress of Blandings