[Rhodes22-list] Old Motor Lift

Richard F Sheehan dickshee@juno.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:04:30 -0400

Joe;

Sea Prompt is an '87.  My OEM lifter broke into a bunch of pieces, making
it very difficult to lower the motor.  I replaced it in the fall of 2000
with the current model.  The device is not cheap - $500.00 - but it is
very effective.  Of all the upgrades I've done, the motor lifter is
number two in importance - the mast lowering device being number one.

They told me that they didn't stock parts for the old lifter when I went
to the factory.  I'm just as glad they don't, since the new model
eliminates all of the design flaws of the old one.

The wood on your lift is not something that was on mine.  I suspect that
it was a previous owner's modification to solve some other problem that
reared its ugly head.

Dick

-----
> Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains
> information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey,
> USA) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or
> individual or entity named on this message. If you are not the
> intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please
> immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.

=====

CPT Richard F. Sheehan
PO Box 117
Wellfleet. MA 02667-0117