[Rhodes22-list] UPS Revisited

Gardner, Douglas L. (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner@lexisnexis.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:58:19 -0500

Mary Lou,
Yes I have a picture of Tom's padeye.  Actually, it looks to me like Stan
added another chainplate instead of a padeye.  It looks very strong. I'll
send it out as soon as I can.

Tom,
I scanned all of the pictures, but need to edit them down a bit before
posting.  When done, I'll send 'em to you and post some of them in smaller
versions.

Ed,
I don't think that using the bow pullpit for the UPS would work very well.
Tacking that sail around the headstay would be a nightmare.  When it is set
aft of the headstay nothing interferes with it, and you can lower it
completely to get it out of the way of the genny when you use the genny
instead.

--Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Kroposki [mailto:kroposki@innova.net]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 9:32 AM
To: 'The Rhodes 22 mail list'
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] UPS Revisited

Rik,
     It was Doyle at last year's Annapolis show who gave me the diagram
and instruction on how to use the bow pulpit for additional sails.  The
sail is mounted in front of the 175 and the lines don't interfere.  The
guy who gave me the instructions was out of their NY loft.  I don't see
why an ups could not be mounted according to the instructions I was
given.
   	But, the sail would be mounted fore rather than aft of the
genny.
	I don't know about your boat, but I have a vent in the way.
                               Ed K