[Rhodes22-list] Yamaha Outboard Motor Purchase

Eaton, Gil GEaton@IKON.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:42:17 -0500

	Hi Dan and Kathy,
	I have the Yamaha 9.9 HT with electric start bought this year.  I
have had no problems.  Not sure which motor lift I have, but it raises and
lowers fine, just needs two hands.  The electric connection goes through the
GB installed boot to the GB installed battery holder.  Currently routing the
gas line around the seats and seat cushions, this way I can disconnect the
line from tank and engine during the week.  The Yamaha tanks (I have two 6
gal) fit almost perfectly unnder the seats.
	One of the best things is the remote kit for the throttle/shift and
kill switch.  This mounts the normal outboard controls on the tiller with
the 6' remote kit.  It all works real well, espcially with the rudder
linkage and docking backing up single handed with a stiff breeze!
	gil

Gil Eaton
S/V Closing Time
Spring Cove Marina