[Rhodes22-list] Politics

Steve Alm salm@mn.rr.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:52:31 -0500

Stan,

I stopped after listing the gun because that was all I could think of at the
time.  But here's some more:

For two generations in my family, almost everyone is/was a teacher and all
have been on the chopping block and job hunting due to budget cuts.  The
economics of the public schools is complicated but I'm pretty sure the
Lefties aren't the ones responsible for the chaos this has caused to me and
mine.

Did you notice that almost to the day Bush took office, all of a sudden we
had this huge energy crisis and prices shot up while the energy companies
were posting huge gains.  What a surprise?  They're the ones who put him in
office.

I really don't know if we can credit Clinton for a strong economy or blame
Bush for a bad economy but stats are stats.  Ex;  federal deficit, stock
market, Enron, 401k's, etc.

The Righties claim to have helped keep my taxes down.  As a self-employed
businessman like you, we'll take all the tax breaks we can get.  Now that
Bush is in office, all our dreams have come true--NOT!

Want more?  You asked.  Wanna talk about foreign policy?  Probably not.  I
better shut up for now.

Slim