[Rhodes22-list] STOP IT!

Paul Grandholm paul@mi.chtechnology.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:08:13 -0500

Well, since I originally posted "THE ANT & THE GRASSHOPPER", I have to
admit that I enjoyed most of the political banter, but not all.  It seems
we have that annoying tendency on this list to sometimes cross the line.
I think we all need to try to do two things better:  1.)  Don't get
personal, &  2.)  Stop being so sensitive.

It's OK to have opposing viewpoints.  In fact, it's healthy, and often
interesting.  The alternative would be something like they have in Iraq,
where Saddam Hussein was recently re-elected (unapposed) with 100% of the
vote.

If someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't make them a bad person.
Misguided perhaps, but not bad.  Personally, I find the opposing
viewpoints stimulating.  It really makes me think.  There is no need to
attack each other personally or to be so sensitive if someone disagrees
with us.  I don't want to only talk about subjects that everyone agrees
on.  That gets boring.

Paul

Paul Grandholm
C&H Technology