[Rhodes22-list] Document library

Toad the Wet Sprocket rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 16:09:40 -0400

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Stan was right on most counts.....but one.&nbsp;&nbsp; That fact that I got my boat as a freebie isn't what conditioned to expect free advice (I never asked for any services just prices and literature).&nbsp;&nbsp;The principle that&nbsp;conditioned me to getting a few questions answered and some literature is called the American system of free enterprise.&nbsp;<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BR><BR><BR>
<DIV>Please respond to <A href="mailto:sprocket80@hotmail.com">sprocket80@hotmail.com</A></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>From: General Boats <WWRHODES@RHODES22.COM>
<DIV></DIV>Reply-To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
<DIV></DIV>To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
<DIV></DIV>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Document library
<DIV></DIV>Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 05:40:52 -0400
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Dear Rhodies:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>We will try to respond to your thread re some of GBI's policies in an
<DIV></DIV>unconventional manner - a series of e-mails tied to the issue of the
<DIV></DIV>particular Rhodes owner.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Response #3.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Toad:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>We agree with Toad in his saying,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; "You are right. I should not have gotten this boat ......"
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; The Rhodes is a very special boat and the kind of buyers it attracts
<DIV></DIV>&gt; are even more special. Not everyone can feel comfortable in this
<DIV></DIV>&gt; enviorn and that is why the god of sailboat manufacturing made Hunters
<DIV></DIV>&gt; and Macgregors and Catalinas. And that is why some who only recognize
<DIV></DIV>&gt; the differences without owning a Rhodes, like a Razz, do feel
<DIV></DIV>&gt; comfortable in this setting.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Toad says that, "The only reason I have this boat is because it was a
<DIV></DIV>&gt; freebie,,," and that has conditioned him to expect not only free
<DIV></DIV>&gt; service but instant free service, even if it should cause poorer
<DIV></DIV>&gt; service to those who have paid for their boats. And we are with Toad,
<DIV></DIV>&gt; if only we could be shown the way.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Toad goes on to say, "I downloaded and read the manual for the
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Chrysler...pretty remarkable for a company no longer in business huh?"
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Let me tell you a little incident about Chrysler. As many of you
<DIV></DIV>&gt; know, we are an amazingly old company for the sailboat busines - 43
<DIV></DIV>&gt; years old. And, an unbelievably small company for our age and the
<DIV></DIV>&gt; noise we make - only 4 new Rhodes last year.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Long after we had been in business Chrysler came along and decided to
<DIV></DIV>&gt; go head on with us with a new 22. When Chrysler needed help they went
<DIV></DIV>&gt; to the government and got millions to bail them out. I bunked into my
<DIV></DIV>&gt; congressman one day and told him I wanted to compalin about a
<DIV></DIV>&gt; discrimiantion issue. He put his arm around me and said, "we can't
<DIV></DIV>&gt; allow that". So I explained that I was being discriminated against
<DIV></DIV>&gt; because I could not get the government to give us money yet they gave
<DIV></DIV>&gt; it to another company competing with us building a 22' sailboat. He
<DIV></DIV>&gt; said he voted for that loan because they were big and we were just too
<DIV></DIV>&gt; small to be oncerned with.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; The Chryslers were nice boats but had some major design flaws and they
<DIV></DIV>&gt; were discontinued. If you feel that to be able to get their manual
<DIV></DIV>&gt; free is an asset - for heaven's sake, buy a Chrysler. Our manuals are
<DIV></DIV>&gt; also free - just buy a Rhodes.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>stan/gbi