[Rhodes22-list] Toad's WHOLE story as if anybody cares

Michael Meltzer rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 03:20:46 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_03B0_01C253C2.0F8FFA50

I see you figured out you been had :-),

You seem to be a fan of straight talk or "I call them as I see them", it =
my turn for that.

The list has a collative history:
1)The only people who matter on the list are the posters, In particular =
the who one answer the questions, the luckers(lowest life form), the =
ones who only answer off list(a little higher) the ones who only here to =
answer their questions(a littler higher) then at the top of the food =
chain are the people here day in and day out. extra credit for built up =
a history of doing so. The list would not be here if it was not for =
them.=20
2)We are in the USA(some Canada) and have a right to free association, =
which also includes execution, Just because some body breathes, has the =
money to buy a computer and was able to connect to the internet does not =
mean we have to deal with them or have them on the list. It is a =
privilege not a right. we are all volunteers, unpaid to be here. We are =
also not General Boat, their repair force or sales force, even though we =
care deeply about them.
3)Sailors are a social group, they have to be, You sail from place to =
place counting on the kindness of strangers, it can be a real challenge =
to find a shower, something to eat or parts to fix your boat in a =
strange place, many time you go out of your way to help people you know =
you never see again. You never take a payment for any of it even knowing =
the rules of salvage mean you might own that boat for the help you gave.
4)because we a social we try to keep the tone light, tell jokes, tell =
story about the family, arrange get to get-together and be friends. We =
also try to stay away from pissing contest or "flamewars" with each =
other, in the end their are always hurt feeling and people leave the =
group, Allot of people will think ahead to how their post will be =
responded to and will hold off if they think it will be a problem or =
turn it into a joke, I.e. let is slide.
5)We sometime get  "strange" people here, I think it something about =
sailboats that attracts "loners". It a sport that they think they need =
no one else and is "cool". The are aloof, paranoid, hostile, =
overbearing, conspiracy theory and just not people you want to spend the =
day with.

Now for you. Right now you are TFNG(The F**king New Guy). it is ok we =
all have to start somewhere, people are glad to help, it is assumed that =
you will help others in the future, but you are not at the top of the =
pecking order now(see #1). "what ever you want to call the last set of =
post over that last few days"straight talk", "like I see them", "the =
last word", "top dog", whatever, the net effect has been creating a =
hostel atmosphere(see #4), the executes does not matter, it happened. =
The post to rummy and ed could have only lead to a pissing contest(again =
see #4 and #1, I know I defussed it with my post).
Now remember #5, you are showing some signs, like a simple question =
"where do you live" and this is not a conspiracy  again you not buying a =
boat from gb or that it is a older boat.

Now the choice is yours, you are a big boy.
1)You can blow this off with "Who The F*** does this Meltzer guy think =
he is" or igore it, it a common reaction, Expert option/prediction the =
group will demand your remove when a pissing contest breaks out. =
Remember you not the first one.
2)Realize That I might have better things to do right now(like sleep), =
Maybe he think is really the joke/or the way I communicate that's =
causing the fiction, might be trying to help, And must think that you =
might be a ok guy otherwise why did he bother. My hope is you have the =
self realization that once you know the problem your be able to =
correct/adjust for it.

BTW is has only pissed you off or your feel the need to debate this with =
me, Spare us both and just sign off, I am who I am, The list is what it =
is, And believe it or not I am being gentle and patient here. Thier have =
been other who I have not tryied to help so hard and built the repuation =
for simply blowing them out of the water.

MJM

----- Original Message -----=20