[Rhodes22-list] Toad's WHOLE story as if anybody cares

Toad the Wet Sprocket rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 09:09:54 -0400

<P>&nbsp; What started with a post I made out if frustration about the secret handshake and infomercial I admitted was premature and out of line and offered an apology.&nbsp; Sort of a handshake to say I was sorry.&nbsp; It was made with no malicious intent but some have mistook it as such.&nbsp;&nbsp; I am&nbsp; not trying to start a peeing match.&nbsp; I thought this&nbsp;banter was just goofing around.&nbsp; So to all who may have taken offense and to all of the fine&nbsp; people of the list, I apologize again.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIV>From: "Michael Meltzer" <MJM@MICHAELMELTZER.COM>
<DIV></DIV>Reply-To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
<DIV></DIV>To: <RHODES22-LIST@RHODES22.ORG>
<DIV></DIV>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Toad's WHOLE story as if anybody cares
<DIV></DIV>Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 03:20:46 -0400
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I see you figured out you been had :-),
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>You seem to be a fan of straight talk or "I call them as I see them", it my turn for that.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>The list has a collative history:
<DIV></DIV>1)The only people who matter on the list are the posters, In particular the who one answer the questions, the luckers(lowest life form), the ones who only answer off list(a little higher) the ones who only here to answer their questions(a littler higher) then at the top of the food chain are the people here day in and day out. extra credit for built up a history of doing so. The list would not be here if it was not for them.
<DIV></DIV>2)We are in the USA(some Canada) and have a right to free association, which also includes execution, Just because some body breathes, has the money to buy a computer and was able to connect to the internet does not mean we have to deal with them or have them on the list. It is a privilege not a right. we are all volunteers, unpaid to be here. We are also not General Boat, their repair force or sales force, even though we care deeply about them.
<DIV></DIV>3)Sailors are a social group, they have to be, You sail from place to place counting on the kindness of strangers, it can be a real challenge to find a shower, something to eat or parts to fix your boat in a strange place, many time you go out of your way to help people you know you never see again. You never take a payment for any of it even knowing the rules of salvage mean you might own that boat for the help you gave.
<DIV></DIV>4)because we a social we try to keep the tone light, tell jokes, tell story about the family, arrange get to get-together and be friends. We also try to stay away from pissing contest or "flamewars" with each other, in the end their are always hurt feeling and people leave the group, Allot of people will think ahead to how their post will be responded to and will hold off if they think it will be a problem or turn it into a joke, I.e. let is slide.
<DIV></DIV>5)We sometime get "strange" people here, I think it something about sailboats that attracts "loners". It a sport that they think they need no one else and is "cool". The are aloof, paranoid, hostile, overbearing, conspiracy theory and just not people you want to spend the day with.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Now for you. Right now you are TFNG(The F**king New Guy). it is ok we all have to start somewhere, people are glad to help, it is assumed that you will help others in the future, but you are not at the top of the pecking order now(see #1). "what ever you want to call the last set of post over that last few days"straight talk", "like I see them", "the last word", "top dog", whatever, the net effect has been creating a hostel atmosphere(see #4), the executes does not matter, it happened. The post to rummy and ed could have only lead to a pissing contest(again see #4 and #1, I know I defussed it with my post).
<DIV></DIV>Now remember #5, you are showing some signs, like a simple question "where do you live" and this is not a conspiracy again you not buying a boat from gb or that it is a older boat.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Now the choice is yours, you are a big boy.
<DIV></DIV>1)You can blow this off with "Who The F*** does this Meltzer guy think he is" or igore it, it a common reaction, Expert option/prediction the group will demand your remove when a pissing contest breaks out. Remember you not the first one.
<DIV></DIV>2)Realize That I might have better things to do right now(like sleep), Maybe he think is really the joke/or the way I communicate that's causing the fiction, might be trying to help, And must think that you might be a ok guy otherwise why did he bother. My hope is you have the self realization that once you know the problem your be able to correct/adjust for it.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>BTW is has only pissed you off or your feel the need to debate this with me, Spare us both and just sign off, I am who I am, The list is what it is, And believe it or not I am being gentle and patient here. Thier have been other who I have not tryied to help so hard and built the repuation for simply blowing them out of the water.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>MJM
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>----- Original Message -----
<DIV></DIV>From: Toad the Wet Sprocket
<DIV></DIV>To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
<DIV></DIV>Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 11:25 PM
<DIV></DIV>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Toad's WHOLE story as if anybody cares
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Furthermore, recent troubling developments prompt me to revisit a subject I've discussed in the past: MJM and his plan to spew forth ignorance and prejudice. Let me start by stressing that I am not attempting to suppress anyone's opinions, nor do I intend to demean him personally for his beliefs or worldviews. But I do think that I must comment on a phenomenon that has and will continue to create a mudslinging world of guilt and shame. Despite the obvious (which is something he chooses to ignore) he is eager to shrink the so-called marketplace of ideas down to convenience- store size. There is something inherently wrong with a man who wants, more than anything else, to force us to do things or take stands against our will, pure and simple. Cannibalism has its stronghold among the worst sorts of impudent obstinate-types I've ever seen. And I can say that with a clear conscience, because one of his favorite tricks is to create a problem and then to offer the solution. Naturally, it's always his solutions that grant him the freedom to hammer a few more nails into the coffin of freedom of speech, never the original problem. A real fight against directionless separatism can be undertaken only if a basic change in social conditions makes it possible to do something about the continuing -- make that the escalating -- effort on MJM's part to let advanced verbal weaponry fall into the hands of a few predatory, randy wimps on the list. Here, too, the exception proves the rule: The baneful nature of MJM's shell games is not just a rumor. It is a fact to which I can testify.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I don't mean to scare you, but I am entirely shocked and angered by MJM's loud, amoral improprieties. Such shameful conduct should never be repeated. Although I agree with those who feel that MJM will go to almost any extreme to prevent my message of truth from getting out, nevertheless, I cannot agree with the subject matter and attitude that is woven into every one of his intrusive utterances. He likes thinking thoughts that aren't burdensome and that feel good. That's why some of the facts I'm about to present may seem shocking. This they certainly are. However, he has been trying for some time to convince people that we should all bear the brunt of his actions. Don't believe his hype! MJM has just been offering that line as a means to sanctify his depravity. The bulk of mindless, soulless smut peddlers are at least marginally tolerable, but not MJM. Maybe quicker than you can double-check the spelling of "sphygmomanometric", he will shred the basic compact between the people and the list.. Discourteous predictions aside, this would not be an impossible scenario if his obscene jibes were to gain ascendancy in our society. Let me leave you with one last thought: The truth is not meant to be warm and fuzzy.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Long enough?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Please respond to sprocket80@hotmail.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>From: "Toad the Wet Sprocket"
<DIV></DIV>Reply-To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
<DIV></DIV>To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
<DIV></DIV>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Toad's WHOLE story as if anybody cares
<DIV></DIV>Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:45:54 -0400
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. Click Here
<DIV></DIV>