[Rhodes22-list] Toad's WHOLE story as if anybody cares

David Rasberry rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 19:40:58 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C2544A.FDD67A80

Todd,

>From your posts you seem to be an intelligent, good humored, and generally
well intentioned person. Yes the regulars who hang out on this list do goof
around a bit. Part of what makes it an interesting community. Personally I
think you will (eventually) fit in well with this bunch of miscreants,
especially since you own a Rhodes, and hopefully will have sailing stories
and practical solutions of your own to contribute. If you hang out much on
other sailboat forums or mailing lists, you will find that this one is
unusual in its enthusiasm for this particular boat and respect for the
exceptional efforts the Spitzers put forth to build a good product and
please their customers. Sometimes it may seem like we treat newbies like the
New Guinea tribe where visitors must suffer being whacked with bamboo sticks
by the women and children before they are socially accepted. It is a sort of
defense against the occasional newbie who really doesn't respect the boat or
the community that supports it and only comes to stir up trouble.
That said, the beatings will continue until morale improves. :o)

Razz