[Rhodes22-list] Outside winter storage

Ronald Lipton rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 12:21:12 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C2540D.8E8F28D0

Why are you leaving so early? Some of the best sailing of the season is =
in late September.=20
In any case I use a "silver" tarp bungeed to the trailer at ~20 places =
using the mast as=20
a ridge pole.  I have also used insulation foam sheeting stiffened with =
wood or plastic to=20
prevent low points in the tent where water or snow can accumulate.

Ron
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: R22RumRunner@aol.com=20
  To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 11:02 AM
  Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Outside winter storage

  Jack,
  Blue tarps disintegrate quickly from sun exposure. I would spend the =
additional money and get a silver coated one from WM or some other =
boating supply house. The silver reflects the sun and lasts a little =
longer.
  Before putting the tarp on the boat, don't forget the battery, water =
tank and head that will all require attention. You should remove the =
battery and store it somewhere so that it won't freeze. The battery =
should also be fully charged. The water tank needs to be emptied and =
nontoxic (RV) antifreeze placed in the tank and the faucet run until it =
comes into the sink.
  Porta potty or whatever you have needs the same treatment with =
antifreeze. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but then it's been more =
than ten years since I've had to winterize anything. We leave our boat =
in the water (what's left of it) year round.=20

  Rummy=20

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C2540D.8E8F28D0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Why are you leaving so early? Some of =
the best=20
sailing of the season is in late September. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In any case I use a "silver" tarp =
bungeed to the=20
trailer at ~20 places using the mast as </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>a ridge pole.&nbsp; I have also used =
insulation=20
foam sheeting stiffened with wood or plastic to </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>prevent low points in the tent where =
water or snow=20
can accumulate.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ron</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A href=3D"mailto:R22RumRunner@aol.com"=20
  title=3DR22RumRunner@aol.com>R22RumRunner@aol.com</A> </DIV>
  href=3D"mailto:rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org"=20
  title=3Drhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, September 04, =
2002 11:02=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Rhodes22-list] =
Outside=20
  winter storage</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT face=3DArial =
lang=3D0 size=3D2=20
  FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">Jack,<BR>Blue tarps disintegrate quickly from sun =
exposure.=20
  I would spend the additional money and get a silver coated one from WM =
or some=20
  other boating supply house. The silver reflects the sun and lasts a =
little=20
  longer.<BR>Before putting the tarp on the boat, don't forget the =
battery,=20
  water tank and head that will all require attention. You should remove =
the=20
  battery and store it somewhere so that it won't freeze. The battery =
should=20
  also be fully charged. The water tank needs to be emptied and nontoxic =
(RV)=20
  antifreeze placed in the tank and the faucet run until it comes into =
the=20
  sink.<BR>Porta potty or whatever you have needs the same treatment =
with=20
  antifreeze. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but then it's been more =
than=20
  ten years since I've had to winterize anything. We leave our boat in =
the water=20
  (what's left of it) year round. <BR><BR>Rummy</FONT>=20
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C2540D.8E8F28D0--