[Rhodes22-list] Bahamas

J Cook rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 13:34:19 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0005_01C254E0.F03B70B0

Some intriguing ideas and info.  I keep meeting people here (N. Florida) =
who have made the trip, many in small boats.  They have all said wait for=
  the weather and things should be alright.  I'm not looking for trouble =
or excitement.  But it would be a hell of a trip!  =20

We've been sailing in the GUlf of Mexico in the Big Bend area this summer=
.  Most of the trips have been primarily for snorkeling and catching scal=
lops.  But when the wind comes up and makes the diving rough, the sailing=
 action gets good.    It's been a woderful summer.  Several times we've b=
een flanked by manta rays.  Twice they treated us to an aerial displays, =
jumping six to eight feet out of the water.  No mean feat for a critter a=
s big as a VW bug. =20

I've been able to avoid the storms.  And as I said, I'm not looking for t=
hat kind of excitement.  But I am slowly gaining confidence in our R22.  =
Hopefully I'll gain confidence in my abilities too.  I've done a bit of c=
oastal cruising in power boats over the years. And a smaller bit in daysa=
ilers.  Also took a course from ASA.  =20

Once the weather here cools down (maybe October)  we plan to start moorin=
g out more. I want to get some experience at that before attempting any t=
rips.  =20

Thanks for the info and the input.  =20

Joseph

------=_NextPart_001_0005_01C254E0.F03B70B0

<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff" STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;b=
ackground-color:#ffffff; "><DIV>Some intriguing ideas and info.&nbsp; I k=
eep meeting people here (N. Florida) who have made the trip, many in smal=
l boats.&nbsp; They have all said wait for &nbsp;the weather and things s=
hould be alright.&nbsp; I'm not looking for trouble or excitement.&nbsp; =
But it would be a hell of a trip!&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>We'=
ve been sailing in the GUlf of Mexico in the Big Bend area this summer.&n=
bsp; Most of the trips have been primarily for snorkeling and catching sc=
allops.&nbsp; But when the wind comes up and makes the diving rough, the =
sailing action gets good.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It's been a woderful summer.&=
nbsp; Several times we've been flanked by manta rays.&nbsp; Twice they tr=
eated us to an aerial displays, jumping six to eight feet out of the wate=
r.&nbsp; No mean feat for a critter as big as a VW bug<STRONG>.</STRONG> =
</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I've been able to avoid the storms.&nbsp; A=
nd as I said, I'm not looking for that kind of excitement.&nbsp; But I am=
 slowly gaining confidence in our R22.&nbsp; Hopefully I'll gain confiden=
ce in my abilities too.&nbsp; I've done a bit of coastal cruising in powe=
r boats over the years.&nbsp;And a smaller bit in daysailers.&nbsp; Also =
took a course from ASA.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Once the weat=
her here cools down (maybe October)&nbsp; we plan to start mooring out mo=
re.&nbsp;I want to get some experience at that before attempting any trip=
s.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Thanks for the info and the input.=
&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Joseph</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0005_01C254E0.F03B70B0--