[Rhodes22-list] Snap shackle size?

Mark Kaynor rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 08:35:35 -0400

Julie and I have started messing around with Raven's cruising (asymmetric)
spinnaker. We currently have some plastic snap shackles for the sheets, but
they're too large to both fit through the clew at once - we have to put one
through the clew, then connect the second to the first. We've decided to
spring for stainless snap shackles, but I'm not sure what size to buy. We're
looking at the West Marine catalog, page 983, Nicro standard bail, 3 5/8,
part # 120899. Anyone got any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks.

Mark Kaynor