[Rhodes22-list] V-berth flotation

Michael Meltzer rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 23:17:17 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_3AA6_01C2578D.DFB4D290

is a liitle more that that, your best bet it to clear the area, and make =
a "dam" in the "V", pour, the glass and tab the area.

The form has to stay balanced around the centerline(so the boat does not =
flip), is in secure enought to hold the weight of the boat(remeber the =
block will be holding the boat "up" when flooded, the foam can get =
waterlogged to you want to preseal the hull with expoy and the glass =
will help for the longer term, leave some weep holes. The stuff is a =
pain to work with, your never belive the expanion or how stickly it is, =
it will blowout a sealed container, worst yet the part that hist the air =
first will seal the "overflow holes" leaving the form to blow out. pour =
from a complety open top and saw off the overflow is my best way, the =
glass over.

MJM
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Toad the Wet Sprocket=20
  To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 10:54 PM
  Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] V-berth flotation

  Denny,

       Thanks for the response.  Was there a specific foam you used?  =
You say it expands fast huh?   How dense is it?   I'll have to I could =
experiment with it first.  I guess I'd have to remove the fiberglass =
panel over the V-berth area and cut any overflow down, rather than try =
to pour through a few cut-in access holes.  I will probably box off a =
couple of small areas against the aft bulkhead for a water tank and =
second battery compartment as someone mentioned they had. =20

       I would certainly like to see your pictures and share mine with =
you.  I, as I am sure you are, am keeping a detailed journal with =
pictures.  I am in the process of gutting the entire interior of the =
cabin.  My boat apparently sat for a long time with the campanionway =
hatch partly open and had quite a bit of rain water inside.  Luckily a =
battery supplying power to a couple of automatic bilge pumps must have =
run dead only recently.  Since the tongue of the trailer was on the =
ground, the water pooled in the bow area....until some idiot (me) =
blocked the tongue up and flooded the cabin.  We will have to connect =
and exchange mailing addresses.

  Todd

  Please respond to sprocket80@hotmail.com