[Rhodes22-list] need some help

ellner rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:41:40 -0500

--=====================_178213562==_.ALT

Looks good............maryAt 08:00 AM 9/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]
>
>Made changes right in the letter. Should have a greeting, dear (whoever)
>and at the end a sincerely, to close. You are sincere, aren't you???? :-)
>
>Rik
>

>At 02:10 AM 9/11/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>>I got "foot-in-mouth" at the dog park over the weekend, and was asked to
>>write a
>>letter to the local paper,
>><http://www.doggpac.org/>http://www.doggpac.org/ for the background.
>>Ok. I figured I would try to run it by the list first, see how it sell
>>and look for any ideas
>>how to punch it up, make it more powerful, persuasive, improve it or tone
>>it down,
>>over the top is nominal for the town :-) Not pound and would welcome any
>>additions or advice.
>>beside I rather start with a 100 people I know before 25,000 in town :-)
>>

>>An Open Letter to the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
>>"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Westport RTM
>>
>><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
>>
>>            I'm glad to hear the RTM will be reviewing the latest winter
>> regulation for Compo Beach. This is just another example of the
>> overregulation we've been seeing in your town. I find it ad fount to the
>> Connecticut Yankee spirit and to butcher a paraphrase "Another person's
>> paranoia should not be my problem". To the best of my knowlege there
>> have been no reported problems that demand a solution.
>>

>>I have three Daughters aged 7, 5 and 1, and our favorite winter activity
>>is going to Compo Beach with our dog, I might add, with my wife's
>>blessing, after a long winter week. We run around, walk the dog, dig the
>>sand, climb the jetties, play fetch in the water, collect rocks and
>>shells and generally are a family. The girls love the playground. I,
>>being a reasonable parent, keep a watch on them all. Dozens of times a
>>day little ones come to pet and meet Rooney, our dog. We've done this for
>>years, as have other parents, and there has never been a problem. So what
>>are these new rules about? Am I going to be forced to break the law by
>>having Rooney with me or to break the law by not supervising the
>>children. Or better yet maybe I should leave the kids at the house while
>>I take the Rooney to the beach? How much family time do any of us have?
>>

>>I am a normal guy, humble, hard working with the Metro North monthly
>>ticket, up early and home late. I am not a member of PETA, or an activist
>>at the town meetings. Nor, am I one of these folks that think dogs are
>>people. I have never been disappointed in Westport until now. Never
>>before have I seen an issue forced through by the few wielding power in
>>the face of such strong opposition.
>>

>>Scrap the new rules. There is no problem at Compo Beach, this is truly a
>>non-issue. Only problem is in the minds of bored people with not enough
>>to do and the effects of their itinerary.

--=====================_178213562==_.ALT

Looks good............maryAt 08:00 AM 9/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:<br>
Second line &quot;ad fount&quot; ????<br>
last word, last paragraph, &quot;ternary&quot;<br>
Give me a hint on these, please.<br>
I am assuming that your Rooney must not be licensed in the town of
Westport. So now you can't legally bring the dog to the beach at
all????<br>
Made changes right in the letter. Should have a greeting, dear (whoever)
and at the end a sincerely, to close. You are sincere, aren't you????
:-)<br>
Rik<br>
At 02:10 AM 9/11/2002 -0400, you wrote:<br>
&quot;foot-in-mouth&quot; at the dog park over the weekend, and was asked
to write a</font><br>
background.</font><br>
first, see how it sell and look for any ideas</font><br>
persuasive, improve it or tone it down,</font><br>
pound and would welcome any additions or advice.</font><br>
before 25,000 in town :-)</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
An Open Letter to the &lt;?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
&quot;urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags&quot; /&gt;Westport
RTM<br>
&lt;?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
&quot;urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office&quot; /&gt;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I’m glad to
hear the RTM will be reviewing the latest winter regulation for Compo
Beach. This is just another example of the overregulation we’ve been
seeing in your town. I find it ad fount to the Connecticut Yankee spirit
and to butcher a paraphrase “Another person’s paranoia should not be my
problem”. To the best of my knowlege there have been no reported problems
that demand a solution. <br>
&nbsp;<br>
[...]
the face of such strong opposition.&nbsp; <br>
&nbsp;<br>
Scrap the new rules. There is no problem at Compo Beach, this is truly a
non-issue. Only problem is in the minds of bored people with not enough
to do and the effects of their itinerary.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>Michael Meltzer<br>