[Rhodes22-list] Virus infection

rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:52:02 US/Eastern

Richard,
Note that the Klez virus has the ability to send itself in email messages using
a return address picked out of the infected computer's address book or on web
pages stored in the temp files of the infected computer. It you get an email
message infected with Klez it most likely did NOT come from the person whose
return address you see. That being said my currect version of Norton did not
pick up a problem with either Rummy or Roger's post (though it did choke on
Roger's post with the pics so I had to go into my web mail to delete it).

We had problems with Klez at work earlier this year and had to use Norton's
Klez removal tool. When we had problems at home we used the tool to get rid of
the infection there as well. Klez will also disable Norton so if you can't run
your Live Update, that is one of the first things to suspect.

Mary Lou