[Rhodes22-list] Header and Footer

Bill Effros bill@effros.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:05:35 -0400

Michael,

Is there any reason not to shorten "rhodes22-list" to "R22"?  The subject
line in my browser shows "RE: [rhodes22-list] over and over, while crowding
out much of the subject line.  I think we would all know the sender if it
was simply "R22".

The footer is also getting crowded, although much of what is there is
extremely useful.  I think it would be wrong to include a link to "General
Boats -- where R22 Sailors Get it" -- but I also think it is wrong to
include that line with regard to Sailnet.  Sailnet never permitted Stan to
advertise for free on all their outgoing email, even though I, and I would
guess better than 90% of the rest of the R22 list, joined the list because
Stan told me about it.

Knowing how many people are on the list at any given time was fun, I
thought.  Can you add that to the footer?  At one time I was on the list
when that number was 11.  When we switched lists the number had gone to over
200 which would seem to represent almost 10% of all the hulls built to date.

The work you are doing (and have done for years) is noted and appreciated by
all.  It is a constant source of back-channel comment that you never see.

Bill Effros