[Rhodes22-list] Stan--Line Replacement Kit

Richard F Sheehan dickshee@juno.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:56:27 -0400

Todd;

It is owner's preference, but I try to follow this rationale: Red on the
port jib sheet, Green on the starboard.  Different colors in close
proximity.  [In my case it is the main halyard, main downhaul, and single
line reefing for the main.]  Red port and Green starboard for the
traveler.  [In my case honored in the breach!]   The topping lift line is
blue.  When White is used, I try to insure that there are different
colored spots on the line.  "Grab the Blue line," is an accepted nautical
command on Sea Prompt.

Dick

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:35:29 -0500 "Todd Tavares" <sprocket80@mail.com>
writes:

>      Are there standard or usually accepted colors for certain lines
> or is it just owner's preference?
>
> Todd
> --
> our