[Rhodes22-list] bilge pump

R22RumRunner@aol.com R22RumRunner@aol.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:01:22 EDT

Roger,
On my boat, the lazzerette does not drain into the bilge. I have Rum Runner
on the hard doing some upgrades and I will be installing a bilge pump in the
cabin area. Never thought I'd need one until out radical sailing proved me
wrong. I've never had more than a sponge worth of water in the Lazzerette,
usually from my cleaning with a pressure hose. My boat usually sits on the
end of a dock, away from trees, so that's not a problem for me.
What would be wrong with installing some stainless steel vents on the face of
the lazzerette, giving more ventilation and also allowing any large
quantities of water to drain into the cockpit?

Rummy