[Rhodes22-list] KLake Race update

Gardner, Douglas L. (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner@lexisnexis.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:00:15 -0400

OK folks, here's the update...

The race has started, but it is still in the early stages.

Winds are about 5 knots from the north at the moment, and the group is very
tight.

The course: Same as last year. The start is in the middle of the lake, about
even with Light House Landing.  It is a down-and-back course to the day
marker outside of Nickell Cove.  The course is roughly 3 miles down and 3
miles back, if I read my chart correctly.

So, here are the standings early in the race.  All boats are running before
the wind.
1. Country Rhodes by a boat length
2. ChickieBabe by a boat length or 2.
3. Anima by 1/2 boat length over
4. Tom's Foolery with
5. Toy Blew, close behind.

At this point, it is still anybody's race, and everyone is having fun. (most
important part!)

It looks like windward performance will take it, this year!

--Doug