[Rhodes22-list] Joshua Slocum

Kip Hansen kip@i4.net
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:22:43 -0400

Slim,

I am at this very moment reading "SPRAY:  The Ultimate Cruising Boat" by
R Bruce Roberts-Goodson (you may recognize the name Bruce Roberts as one
of the preeminent names in yacht design).  He gives LOTS of sources for
models, Spray replicas and Spray-type boats.

I am actually looking for a Spray replica or sized-up (or down)
Spray-type boat to buy and retire on.  If you run across one for sale
anywhere (there are at least  1000 known Spray replicas and Spray type
boats known to have been built in the last 100 years), PLEASE let me know.

DISCLAIMER:  My son, Jonathan (13 years-old),  owns the Rhodes 22
"Merlin", which will not be sold when his mother and father buy a Spray.

For models, try:

Blue Jacket Shipcrafters
PO Box 425
Stockton Springs, ME 04981

(address from aboive named book published in 1995)

Cheers,

Kip Hansen
Bosun
S/V Merlin