[Rhodes22-list] Ready to sail!

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:17:53 -0500

We had a cold front sweep in so I decided not to go on my river cruise. I
did spend Saturday night on the boat dock side and went sailing both
Saturday and Sunday. This was the first weekend the marina restaurant was
open and they had a party. The temp dropped into the high 30s Saturday night
but the cabin was warm. I used a small electric heater; shorepower was the
reason I stayed at slip.

It actually sleeted for a little while on my Sunday sail but I was dressed
for it. The winds were very strong but not gusty.

I also got to use my recently refinished tiller, it looks great! Two coats
of epoxy sealant followed by six coats of Z Spar varnish. The splits in
between the middle layers are reglued and it looks quite ship shape. I think
I picked up a little boat speed too! :-)

Wally