[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard

Ronald Lipton lipton@sprynet.com
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:03:59 -0600

Took two days off from work to work on the boat - but of course
the forcast was WRONG and instead of warm and sunny it is
cold and rainy.  I did manage to clean and wax the sides and
I finally pulled out my centerboard and took it home to patch
and paint it this weekend.  While doing this I noticed that the
pivot bar is not perpendicular to the CB surface, off by about
10 degrees.  This must be the way it has been on the boat for the
last 13 years but it is a little odd and I am wondering if it was the
source of some of the clunks I have been hearing.  I also talked
to the local canvas shop about a cockpit cover.  When I get a
quote I will post it to set a scale.

Ron Lipton
"Empress of Blandings"
Michigan City, Indiana