[ham] Re: [Rhodes22-list] what happened to the french?

Michael Meltzer mjm@michaelmeltzer.com
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 01:15:43 -0500

got some pictures you migjht like :-)

MJM

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Bell" <alexbell@coastalnet.com>
To: "The Rhodes 22 mail list" <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 9:16 PM
Subject: [ham] Re: [Rhodes22-list] what happened to the french?

> Michael,
>
> I missed part of a radio broadcast today that spoke of military
> tradition. I just got in the car as they were discussing the British
> military and their use of "Red coats". It seems that the reason the
> British officers wore red coats was to keep the troops from panic if an
> officer was wounded. Apparently, the red coat would disguise blood from
> a wound, thus preventing the men under his command from knowing he was
> wounded.
>
> In a related story, it appears that French officers wore BROWN pants for
> the same reason!
>
> Alex
>
> Michael Meltzer wrote:
> >
> > what happened to the French?, nothing in the press, nothing on TV, no politicians(either side) making stupid statements, it like
they crawled under a rock, very low profile.

> > MJM
> > Use Rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list

Name: pic04675.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 173477 bytes Desc: not available

Name: dixieduo.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 203345 bytes Desc: not available

Name: HelpAgain1.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 118657 bytes Desc: not available

Name: image001.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 41771 bytes Desc: not available

Name: cuppa.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 145141 bytes Desc: not available