[Rhodes22-list] Tennessee Boat Titles

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:40:19 -0700 (PDT)

Ed,

You are partially correct.  Tennessee is not a title
state for boats.  Airplanes are handled by the Feds
and Tennessee is no better or worse for airplane
crooks than any other state.  As for cars, I think we
(at least my end of the state) hold the national title
for stolen cars and bogus titles.  As a rule of thumb,
don't drive late model Caddies or Buicks in Memphis,
its best to drive anything with a stick shift. The
average urban aggrieved Memphis younster knows only
how to drive automatics.  We also hold the national
title for stolen/bogus checks and credit cards.
Wally's end of the state has a much better record.
Must be the elevation.

Brad

http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_search_results.aspx