[Rhodes22-list] Looking for advice

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at netreach.net
Tue Apr 15 08:59:38 EDT 2003

Alice,
We use a Raytheon fishfinder that has several display modes including large
easily read numbers for depth. It also has bottom contours which are kind
of fun. We've never set it for fish.  We had ours for several years and
don't know what's currently available. I would suggest that whatever you
choose go to your local boating supply and look at the displays.

We use the depth as a significant part of our navigation and sailing tools
on the Chesapeake. We often will hold a particular course until we cross
into a different depth and then tack. How far are we off a shore? Watch the
chart and the depth. Very useful.

Where are you going to be sailing and keeping your boat? If I remember
correctly you weren't too far away from us in Rock Hall.

Mary Lou