[Rhodes22-list] Looking for advice-Depth/Fishfinders

Eaton, Gil GEaton at IKON.com
Mon Apr 21 14:27:51 EDT 2003

	Hi Alice,
	Attached are pictures of the Garmin 240 setup on "Closing Time".
The first one shows small numbers on the display, it's the battery voltage
(13.0 I think), depth numbers can be made to use most of the display area.
The second picture is the location of the transom mount transponder, about
6" aft from the foam, 6" starboard from the cockpit drain.
	BTW I found the cockpit drain clogged with barnacles, as well as the
inlet for the "amazing head" and inside the center board pocket.  There was
no visible bottom paint.  I hope to make it through this year, but will
definitely have those areas coated with bottom paint next year.  You might
want to check on your new boat as well, I think it might have been
overlooked on mine.
	gil

Gil Eaton
S/V Closing Time