[Rhodes22-list] The Great Road Trip

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Tue Apr 22 23:13:21 EDT 2003

First off I'd like to thank everyone for the great information they have
shared - it has been very helpful as we've been going through the process
with Stan regarding our newly recycled Rhodes.

The time is now finely here and on Friday we head south. With a few stops
along the way, will arrive in Edenton on Tuesday the 29th. If the weather
cooperates, we plan to do a couple of test sails to make sure everything is
in order and head back to Minnesota on Thursday. With any luck, she (Blue
Loon) will land in Lake Minnetonka on May 4th - one day before I start a new
job. This is turning out to be a very 'good' spring!

Besides calling Lake Minnetonka home, we will be sailing on Lake Vermilion
in early June (Mr. Lipton - we'll be a mile away from the underground mine),
spending a week along the North shore of Lake Superior in Ontario, and
sailing Lake Gogebic in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan over Labor Day
weekend. I would hope that by the end of the summer we will be pretty good
at raising/dropping the mast and getting the boat tied down securely for
road trips.

Again, thank you all for the great information!

Julie Thorndycraft and Daniel DeWeese
Soon to be owners of 'Blue Loon'
Excelsior, MN

P.S. Rumor has it that we will be getting a main sail with a funny 'new'
design..... : )