[Rhodes22-list] Waxing The Deck

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Apr 24 12:50:32 EDT 2003

Paul,

I wax everything every year and never have a problem.  I think the problem
you and Rummy are having can be traced back to the Collinite.  Collinite
seems to have developed a fabulous sovent capable of softening and then
leaving behind a very hard coat of slippery wax.  Other wax compounds mix
softer waxes with the hard carnuba to soften the wax and allow it to be
applied.  The softer waxes remain, along with the harder wax.  This will
leave you with a waxed surface ranging from the extremely slippery Collinite
all the way to literally tacky surfboard waxes.  If you put a softer wax on
top of your Collinite you can adjust the surface characteristics to your
liking on the seats, on the deck, on the hull.

Bill Effros