Fw: [Rhodes22-list] Short haul tow vehicle

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Apr 25 12:10:51 EDT 2003

Bill,

I used to tow with a 4 cyl AWD Subaru in these conditions.  No problem, you
just didn't want to be behind me in the 1 mile tow to the water as I
wouldn't go over 10mph.  The car had a low low that would go up the side of
a building.  No problem pulling the boat out of the water.  No traction
problem with the car.  But the tail certainly could wag the dog, so extreme
care was the watchword.  That said, I had fewer problems than most of the
powerboat guys with their big trucks and no weight over the rear wheels.

Bill Effros