[Rhodes22-list] UPS results, sheeting

Jay Friedland a.jayf at verizon.net
Tue Apr 29 23:10:54 EDT 2003

Mark, Mary Lou, et al,
I joined the recipients today and anxious to find if others had any
chance to fly the sail. After Mark's initial response, are the current
jib cars adequate, or per Michael's purchase of cheek blocks, is stern
mounting the only way to go? (Michael, I hope Stan found them on his
desk, and remembered to put them on.) Sailnet has inexpensive snatch
blocks, made for them by Garhauer, Series 25 and 30, that would seem to
do the job. Is anyone familiar with these, and is this the way to go
for quick mounting and then running to the standard winch and clam
cleat?

Mark, attaching the sail at the dock and strapping it to the mast,
right now seems the preferred way for single-handing. Has it worked for
you?

So far the closest I've gotten is the smell of a new sail-hope to set
it free by the weekend.
Jay