[Rhodes22-list] Peter's Questions

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Fri Aug 1 13:31:26 EDT 2003

Peter,
	You have asked a bunch of questions.  Some people on this list
would be able to answer some of the question, but I think there is only
one person who could answer all the questions and I do not know if even
he could.
	Did Columbia make the Rhodes22?  I can not answer this question.
But can bring some facts out.  Columbia Yachts acquired Coronado Yachts
and then made boats with both labels.  There was a Coronado 22 which
allegedly was made from 1967 to 1969.  Coronado sailboats was acquired
by Columbia Sailboats in 1968, so there were 22' sailboats make by
Columbia.  Note that this all occurred before 1970.  Columbia made
sailboats until the early 1980's.  They probably still had the 22' molds
and may have used them.  If you ever have seen a picture of a Coronado
22 in the water, its hull resembled a Rhodes in shape but it was a keel
boat, not a centerboard.  So if their name is on a centerboard boat,
then we can ask questions.
	Two things that should be on a Rhodes 22 is a name plate that
says Rhodes22.  That is usually found on back of the sides of the boat.
The second thing to look for is the boat manufacturer id (MIC).  CLV was
retired in August 1982.  see:
http://www.cgaux.org/cgauxweb/public/pubframe.htm
	So, I would look to see if the boat has a plate on sides at the
back that says Rhodes22.  While you are looking at that, get the MIC and
bring that information back to the list for discussion.  There are many
on the list who are quite happy with Rhodes22's made during the 1970's.
			Ed K