[Rhodes22-list] please help

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk at TRW.COM
Fri Aug 1 13:55:48 EDT 2003

I purchased a 1974/1976 Rhodes 22 last year. One owner Solid boat Hull # 40 I think, but it needs TLC and the cost to upgrade to a 1990s boat seems excessive.
I will clean, fix, paint and polish what I have until the time comes that I want more.
Then I will sell my Old boat for a newer boat.

Bob
Knot Necessary

>>> rhodes2282 at yahoo.com 08/01/03 12:32PM >>>
Folks - Boats are boats, any sound boat is a good
boat.  I think that Stan don't recycle older boats
because of thier age not just because they were built
by his (at that time) sub-contractors. Regardless of
the reason, if someone has a good use Rhodes 22 for
sale and its been maintain well, then it a good boat.
It doesn't take a manufactor to maintain a boat.
Anyone with a little common sence can maintain a boat.
 And there are more 20+ year old boats out on the
ocean than there are new ones.  And the good thing
about old 20+ year old boat is that at that time, most
maker did not know the true makeup of fibreglass, so
most made hull thicker than what was needed. Nothing
to complain about that.
Steve

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com