[Rhodes22-list] Barient Winch Question

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 3 14:42:25 EDT 2003

When sailing yesterday I noticed one of my Barient 8 winches was a little
tight. I have the manual for the winch and have read the provided
instructions for lubrication. I have read that it is prudent to cut a hole
in a small box (shoe box or 12 pack) and fit over the winch to catch any
parts. I am hoping cleaning and lubricating will do the trick. If I need
parts like paws or springs any suggestions on source? Any other tips or
suggestions?

TIA,

Wally