[Rhodes22-list] STEERING QUESTION

Robert Dobson dobson777 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 3 15:35:58 EDT 2003

I have a question of appropriate procedure on strearing in harbor areas when
using sail and motor. My concern is turning to port with engine ingaged, If
the rudder is fully down the prop is going to be in contact if I am not very
careful to limit my degree of turn. Obvoiusly I am doing something
improperly, Excuse my ignorance. I am assuming steering with the rudder and
leaving the motor alone in the strait position. Any advise is appreciated. I
can not find any mention of this in the support material I have found. Is
the answer to steer with the motor with rudder is tiller lock position. This
ineffishent and very tuff because the motor is very low over the stern.