[Rhodes22-list] Barient Winch Question

Bill Berner bberner at optonline.net
Sun Aug 3 22:35:49 EDT 2003

Barient, unfortunately has gone the way of many boat builders, and is no
longer in business.

There is, however, a source for parts, should you need them.  The bad news
is they are in Australia.  Can't recall the name, but I'm sure a search on
Google will reveal it.

Be warned though, that it took me about 3 months to get a couple of drum
tops from them.

As for the winches themselves, they are incredibly simple, and have very few
moving parts.  No bearings at all in fact.  To remove, just push down on the
fitting at the bottom of the hole your winch handle goes into, and lift the
hole winch straight up.  The pawl and spring is the only moving part.

Bill Berner
191 South Broadway
Hastings on Hudson, NY  10706

v 914 478 2896