[Rhodes22-list] slides vs digital camera

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Aug 6 11:06:38 EDT 2003

Roger,
I use a Kodak digital camera when I do roof inspections. I generally carry it
in a small case and that's placed in a back pack. I usually destroy at least
two of them each year with the banging around they get climbing ladders and
behind my seat in the truck.
It's a small price to pay for the convenience and the ability to show a
customer why his roof needs to be replaced. Most of the time I would never be able
to get the client up on his roof, but the digital camera lets me take the roof
to him. I place all the images, with a description, on a CD and it becomes a
permanent record. It also allows me to zoom into specific areas for a closer
look should it become necessary. I use a 3.1 megapixel and it works great, but
I sure wish they would come out with one that can take a licking and still be
ticking.

Rummy