[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Measurements (was "I Hate My Trailer")

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Sat Aug 9 17:47:51 EDT 2003

>From the front of the axle tube to the rear edge of the cross member at the
front bunk support post - 46"

>From the rear edge of the cross member at the front bunk support post to
the rear side of the vertical winch support post - 104 1/8 "

Also attached is a photo of the boat as properly loaded by Elton on the
trailer.  Note that the aft lifeline stanchion is over the axle, and (with
the trailer level) there is approximately 4" of space between the bow stop
and the bow.  While launching the boat, I observed the stern float up, the
bow drop relative to the bow stop, and the space close up when the trailer
was in launch/recovery position in the water.

I believe Elton told me that he recently had Triad move the axle aft, but I
don't recall how much.

Jim Connolly
s/v Inisheer