oops Re: [Rhodes22-list] Chesapeake - Eastern Bay

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at netreach.net
Tue Aug 12 18:38:27 EDT 2003

Here I am answering my own email. How the heck did I confuse Eastern Bay
and the Choptank? They're about the same shape on the chart but that's no
excuse.

Peter, on Sunday we are headed from Galesville to the Choptank through
Knapps Narrows so our paths may still cross. Does your Starwind have a
name? We'll keep a lookout.

As far as Eastern Bay is concerned most of our exploring in that area has
been on the Miles. I can highly recommend the creeks on East branch of the
Wye River as nice anchorages. We really like Granary Creek where you can go
ashore in the Wye Island Natural Resources Management Area. I highly
recommend St. Michaels if you've never been there. If you have, you might
want to postpone a return visit to non-holiday weekend. Leeds Creek across
from St. Michaels has some nice anchorages as well. We have friends who
have anchored in Tilghman Creek and have nice things to say about it but
it's on our list - we've never been there.

In any even have a great weekend.

Mary Lou