oops Re: [Rhodes22-list] Chesapeake - Eastern Bay

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 12 22:56:45 EDT 2003

Mary Lou,

Thanks for responding and the useful information.  Our Starwind 19 is S/V
"Kate", sail number 821.  We will be in proximity of a MacGregor 26x, cousin
Tom's new boat.  Saturday is our travel/rigging/unwinding day.  On Sunday
morning we will depart the West River for parts unknown, so I expect we may
connect.  We would like to meet you, if at all possible.

We are the contract purchasers of Captain Richard Hardt's 1984 Rhodes 22.
Stan has ordered a trailer for us, but it will be early October before we
get the Rhodes back to Chapel Hill, NC.

Cruising is new to Tana and me, but I have been one-design racing my Tanzer
16 since 1981.  My Tanzer was built in 1979 in the shed now occupied by
General Boats, the old Edenton, NC Tanzer plant.  This weekend, it's a club
race at Kerr Lake.  Next weekend, it's the National Championship near
Wilmington, then the following Labor Day weekend it's on to the Chesapeake
with Tana -- it's going to be a bad month for chores around the house.

Do you have a VHF?  What channel should we monitor?   I don't know diddly
about radio stuff..

Fair winds,
Pete Thorn