[Rhodes22-list] trailering

Eaton, Gil GEaton at IKON.com
Tue Aug 19 09:15:43 EDT 2003

	Hi Jim
	I used to have a 1997 Blazer (now a new Trailblazer) and found that
Putnam has a 5000 pound rated hitch for my old "Blackfoot".  I installed it
myself, it's a 3 piece unit, requires a torque wrench to do it right.  I
also found that filling up with premium before towing helped eliminate the
"check engine" light that sometimes would light when pulling uphill
(indicates engine miss, takes about a day to clear).  I also had U-Haul
install their biggest transmission cooler.
	After about 90,000 the transmission was starting to get flaky, so
now I have a somewhate bigger and much peppier SUV.
	Good Luck
	gil

Gil Eaton
S/V Closing Time
Spring Cove Marina
Rock Hall, MD

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Connolly [mailto:jbconnolly at comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 8:52 PM
To: 'The Rhodes 22 mail list'
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] trailering

Do those of you who trailer the R-22 using a Chevy Blazer (small / S-10
size, not full-size/Tahoe) use a weight-carrying hitch or a
weight-distributing hitch?  I ask because a close reading of my owner's
manual seems to indicate that the weight-carrying receiver hitch maxes out
at 4000 LB trailer weight and 400 lb tongue weight, rather than 5000 & 500
LB I thought.

Jim Connolly
s/v Inisheer