[Rhodes22-list] Water Tank

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Aug 24 15:21:58 EDT 2003

Julie,

I'm so glad you asked that questions. I've been wrestling with it for years.  My water tank is the same.

Don't overfill.  Been there, done that, you wind up with a whole lot of extra water in the bilge.

I don't fill all the way to the top.  I refill using a 2 1/2 gallon water jug, both because I'm on a mooring, and because that way I know how much water I am adding.

I have been considering buying a water gauge for some time, but I can't find one I like for much less than $200 -- although that one will monitor 2 tanks, and I would use it on the waste tank as well.

This season I am looking at the once clear hose leading to the faucet that runs up the bulkhead.  Before you first use the faucet, look at the height of the water in the hose.  It should operate like a water level--I think.  I refill when it goes below a certain point, and never fill over a certain point.  Seems to work.

Next year I will replace the hose with a new clear hose, and put markings on the new hose.

If I'm just kidding myself, which is entirely possible, I'll spring for the water tank gauge.

Bill Effros