[Rhodes22-list] Beating

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Mon Dec 1 17:19:48 EST 2003

Lew,
	I have an old boat with old sails.  I have the IMF and a 175
Genny. I have the worse combination according to the experts on sailing
to weather.  Well, Sunday, I was sailing in winds that at the sheltered
dock were 12 to 16 mph.  You would have to ask Rummy or Bob Keller what
they measured out in the main channel.
	I had the pop top down, the genny on the inside of the shrouds
at about 100%, and the main at about 90% and as tight as I could set it.
I sailed out of my protected marina with only one tack without
significant heel.    The winds were significantly more out there, but
not what I thought serious.  Every once in a while a gust would turn me,
but I was sailing inside of 30 degrees, and moving.
	Do you consider those winds as sailing to weather?  And why do
you want off this list???
                           Ed K
				   Sailing on Rummy's Pond