[Rhodes22-list] Beating

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 17:23:49 EST 2003

Lew,
Yes, I've been complaining about this since I got my R-22.  It does not
point like the old junk heap of a boat that I had (1972 Windward 21) which
pointed very well.  I have learned and discovered that if you put the genoa
sheets inside the upper shrouds when beating it helps.  Also, I had inner
genoa tracks installed on the deck right next to the cabin and that helps
trmendously to maintain sail shape on the furled genoa.  Last, I typically
move the traveller to windward.  Doing these things has helped a lot.
Bob K