[Rhodes22-list] Holiday Fun

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Tue Dec 16 18:39:13 EST 2003

On our trip to Portugal last summer, we visited our friend/transplant from
North Dakota, Ed Goltz.  While we were there, he arranged a few gigs for me
which were really quite fun and now we can repay the favor.  He's here with
us now and we've arranged several gigs for him with my wife, Mary Ann
(singer) and a few other players to do some jazz gigs here in Minneapolis.
What a treat!  As I type, they're upstairs rehearsing for the weekend gig.

Mary Ann and I will be traveling to South Carolina to visit my mom for
Christmas next week as I have about ten days off.  But have to be back for
the big New Year's Eve gig.  I haven't had New Year's off for as long as I
can remember.  8-)  I'm not complaining--it's always pretty good pay.

Happy Holiday, everyone,

Slim