[Rhodes22-list] centerboard cap

FNuttersNY at aol.com FNuttersNY at aol.com
Sat Dec 27 21:41:59 EST 2003

Actually the boat was built in NJ and was a secial order as I understood
Stans explanation last March.  I am quite pleased with the "well" set up.  It
gives the boat a much cleaner line and having the thrust right behind the ruder is
much more efective it makes for great stearing.  As for the "repair" I sailed
the boat all summer and was delighted by its performance and ease of
handeling.  I think she's worth a rehab. I only paid $1000 bucks for her and sailed at
least 20hrs. a weak from June untill Nov. If I invest another $2000 over the
coarse of the work  (which incudes some sail work) I wll be more than
satisfied. I don't think I would be any more satisfied with a newer R22 when one
considers the asking price new and used ( between 10000 and 20000).  For that kind
of mony I would buy a real boat.