[Rhodes22-list] centerboard cap

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Sat Dec 27 22:17:26 EST 2003

I remember, you had a soft-grounding, and a few minutes later the centerboard blewout, after hauling you found a think spot on one
of the centerboard box "lip", hallow and no ballast(where all rhodes22 has a pored sand mix), now you are finding cement above a
opening that need to be serviced every 5 years, BTW Stan has always used a sand/polyester mix(with lead/scrape iron). you doing the
labor is a cheap project but some did some real bucherwork in that area for a repair. but you are going to have to pull the ballast,
rebuild the lip, repair the centerboard side wall, orderup: a new centerboard, centerboard cap and seal, install new lifting
hardware, pin, pinslides, tube, rope stopper. and deal with any fiberglass issues. then repour the ballast to harden everything up.

MJM

PS. you are a big boy that will do what you want, but do not mistake my spelling for not knowing what I am taking about. BTW the
well stuffed 3 major problems, unable to lift it out of the water(big slow down), the "well effect" of water piling up in it at
speed(also slowed it down and had a flooding problem until the sidewalls came complete up) and the fumes where trouble.