[Rhodes22-list] " centerboardissues"

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Sat Dec 27 23:47:07 EST 2003

Frank,(?)

    Are you certain that your centerboard is not accessed from below?   On my 1974 the centerboard is removed from underneath the boat.  It is held in place and pivots on a 1/2" stainless steel rod which is removed by removing a cover plate on the side of the keel and drifting the pin out of either side.  I will try to attach a pic, and hope my e-mail provider doesn't strip them out.

   I don't know for sure, but I think the centerboard cap for the newer models may have the bolted flange lower than the height of the floor support stringers, but not by much.  Can you post any pics of what the bilge area looks like under the floor?

Todd