[Rhodes22-list] UPS sail

Jay Friedland a.jayf@verizon.net
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:49:39 -0500

Mark,
Isn't Raven your boat? I remember Raven flying an asymetrical spinnaker
that looked awfully close to this. If that's yours, what do you see as
the major benefit/use of this over that sail? In any case I hope to be
2nd or 3rd to order.

Tom,
As I'm planning on using this for single-handing downwind, wind
conditions above my (155%) gennie are important. Originally Paul talked
about a 1.5 cloth, then changed to .9, so I was concerned with the
lighter material. Paul's comments are reassuring.
I'm still wondering how the UPS lays up against the gennie as it tacks.
Also, with the halyard led back to the cockpit, what line size and
block arrangement are you using. Your photos only covered the bow
mounting of the furling line.

Thanks,
Jay